One day many, many months ago (over a year as it turns out) I decided to make a quilt for Oscar and I have finally finished it.
How hard could it be?! My friend had made one for her son and I loved the pattern so I thought I’d give it a go. This is the pattern I used by Kate at One Flew Over. I found some gorgeous elephant fabric at spotlight and picked out the elephant splash for the backing (you can see this in the photo further down). Well it wasn’t too difficult, it just took a while to finish it.
This was my first attempt at log cabins and my blocks did not come together perfectly. Lucky for me they were then cut into quarters and pieced back together and the seams didn’t always match up so it didn’t matter that they were a bit uneven. I was able to square them off a bit in this step.
In Kate’s pattern she top stitches in straight lines from side to side. I decided to make a square block in the middle then straight lines through the outer blocks. The finished quilt is a 42″ square and I am so happy with how it turned out.
Now that I’ve finally finished Oscar’s quilt, I’m excited to get back to working on more purses and bags.